By CAROLINA VALDIVIA
High school, college, and grad school students in San Diego county check out this scholarship opportunity by Alpha Pi Sigma!
Alpha Pi Sigma is a Latina based sorority founded in 1990 at San Diego State University. Our mission is to unite and support all women to advance academically and professionally. We pride ourselves in upholding the highest standards of academic excellence. We are distinguished leaders who integrate academia, leadership, community service, and sisterhood to empower ours members as educated women.
1 – $200 High School Student Scholarship
1 – $200 CSUSM Student Scholarship
1- $200 AB540 Student Scholarship
1 – $200 Chapter Member Scholarship
- · Be currently enrolled in a learning institution and remain enrolled through Spring 2014
- · Have a 2.50 grade point average or higher
- · Demonstrate community involvement, as well as potential for college level coursework as applicable
- · Turn in completed application packet materials by December 2, 2013 by 5:00 PM. Application must be RECEIVED by this time.
If selected, must:
- · Be able to attend an in person interview
- · Available to attend the Scholarship Recipient Dinner
You are encouraged to send one single packet with all the application materials. Only completed application packages will be processed. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure all application materials are submitted by the deadline.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit a complete application packet, which must include:
1. Completed scholarship application. Carefully complete the application.
2. Official transcript(s). Request a copy of your official college transcript. Most schools assess a nominal service charge to send official transcripts.
3. Letter of recommendation. Request a letter of recommendation from a community leader or work supervisor who knows of your accomplishments and career goals. Include relationship, potential to succeed, career goals, and community service. Letter must be received by deadline if sent separately.
4. Personal statement. Write a one-page (12pt font) single-spaced personal statement addressing why you are the best candidate for Alpha Pi Sigma’s scholarship. Please tell us a little bit about yourself, your goals, accomplishments, and any contributions to the community.
For the application and more information, feel free to comment below with your e-mail address and I will forward you the scholarship application and instructions. OR contact Alpha Pi Sigma to request such materials: http://www-rohan.sdsu.edu/~aps/aps/Contact_Us.html