The Marcus Foster Education Fund (MFEF) is excited to announce a new intern-scholarship opportunity for local Bay Area college students to gain first-hand experience in a unique education non-profit and leading agency in the Bay.
MFEF seeks to hire a cohort of four college-level interns. This 10-month opportunity will allow interns to gain experience working in a small non-profit environment and to be fully integrated into the organization.
- Currently enrolled junior or senior at an accredited post secondary institution.
- Completed a FAFSA or CA Dream Act by the 2015 March 2nd deadline and have an EFC under $10,000.
- California high school graduate
- Available to work the full 10 month period
- Have a cumulative GPA above a 2.50
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and respond with flexibility to change and new directions.
- Previous experience or an interest to gain experience in the field of educational equity preferred (including internships/volunteer work).
- Dedicated to the MFEF mission and its goal of improving educational opportunities for youth through collective impacts in education.
- You are an exceptional team player who enjoys working with a talented group of people from different backgrounds with a common goal.
- Desire to grow and develop skills in leadership, communications, data analysis and community building.
- $5000 scholarship distributed over 10 month internship
- Flexible Schedule- 8-12 hours per week total of 40 hours per month
- Career exposure and networking opportunities
* Please note that if you are currently a Marcus Foster Education Fund scholarship recipient you may be ineligible for this internship and scholarship opportunity. Please contact Liston Hulse before you submit your application, if you have questions regarding your eligibility for this internship.
For more information and to submit an application, please visit their official website: “MFEF Student Internship Program”
Deadline to apply is November 8, 2015 at 11:59pm
DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS PAGE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!
Don’t miss out on the latest resources available for undocumented students, make sure to “like” our page on Facebook. Please consider donating to our platform so we can provide more information and resources to help undocumented students and their families. Any amount helps!
At My Undocumented Life we provide up-to-date information and resources for undocumented immigrants and allies. We post scholarship opportunities that are open to undocumented students, strategies for navigating the educational system, information on how to apply for DACA/Advance Parole, news on DAPA, and much more. Most importantly, we want to provide a sense of community to our diverse group of readers. Learn more about our work here: “About Us“
Subscribe to My Undocumented Life (it's free!)