Since 1991, the MANA de San Diego Scholarship Program has awarded scholarships to Latinas pursuing higher education in various undergraduate majors and post graduate work. This scholarship opportunity is open to undocumented students in community college, four year universities, and graduate school programs. About $15,000-$30,000 in scholarships are awarded yearly. Recipients are selected based on academic and non-academic criteria of the applicant including: leadership, community involvement, educational aspirations, career goals, grade point average, special circumstances, and financial need.
Award recipients may receive up to $500 award for community college; $1,500 award for four-year university; $2,000 award for graduate program (including post-doctoral programs)
Here are the eligibility requirements:
1. Applicant must be a Latina with a permanent residence in San Diego County.
2. Applicant must show proof of enrollment in both Fall 2015 and Winter 2016 (for those in the quarter system) or Fall 2015 and Spring 2016 (for those in the semester system) at a community college, four year university, or graduate level program (including post-doctoral programs) when submitting application.
3. High School Seniors who are in the MANA de San Diego Hermanitas® Program are eligible to apply for the 2015-2016 scholarship and must have a cumulative weighted 2.9 grade point average or higher for 9th-11th grades.
4. Undergraduate applicants must have a 3.0 grade point average or higher.
5. Graduate applicants must have a 3.3 grade point average or higher.
6. Applicant must demonstrate financial need.
7. Applicant must demonstrate community involvement preferably in their related field.
8. Returning applicants should be current members of MANA de San Diego.
9. Applicant must be available for a panel interview in the Spring 2016
The deadline to apply is March 18, 2016
For more information, and to apply, please visit their official website: 2015-2016 MANA de San Diego Scholarship
DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS PAGE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!
Don’t miss out on the latest resources available for undocumented students, make sure to “like” our page on Facebook. Please consider donating to our platform so we can provide more information and resources to help undocumented students and their families. Any amount helps!
At My Undocumented Life we provide up-to-date information and resources for undocumented immigrants and allies. We post scholarship opportunities that are open to undocumented students, strategies for navigating the educational system, information on how to apply for DACA/Advance Parole, news on DAPA, and much more. Most importantly, we want to provide a sense of community to our diverse group of readers. Learn more about our work here: “About Us“