The Salvadoran American Leadership and Educational Fund (SALEF) is an organization in Los Angeles, California that works to promote the civic participation and representation of the Salvadoran and other Latino communities in the U.S. Every year, SALEF awards scholarships to Salvadoran and other Latino students (awards range from $1,000 to $3,000). They recently announced this year’s scholarship opportunity. Note: “SALEF Scholarship is open to all qualifying students regardless of immigration status. AB 540 students are encouraged to apply”.
Here are the eligibility requirements:
- Applicants must be of Central American or other Latino ethnicity
- Applicants must demonstrate proven financial need
- Applicants must possess a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Applicants must demonstrate a history of community involvement with proof
- Applicants must be:
- Pursuing any Associate Degree
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree or
- Pursuing a Masters or Ph.D
- Applicants must be either:
- Graduating High School seniors
- Current undergraduate, graduate, medical, MPH, MD, or Dentistry
- Community college students
- Vocational/Trade school
The deadline to apply is May 31, 2017
For more information and to apply, please visit their official online application: SALEF- The Dream Scholarship Fund
DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS PAGE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!
Don’t miss out on the latest resources available for undocumented students, make sure to “like” our page on Facebook. Please consider donating to our platform so we can provide more information and resources to help undocumented students and their families. Any amount helps!
At My Undocumented Life we provide up-to-date information and resources for undocumented immigrants and allies. We post scholarship opportunities that are open to undocumented students, strategies for navigating the educational system, information on how to apply for DACA/Advance Parole, news on DAPA, and much more. Most importantly, we want to provide a sense of community to our diverse group of readers. Learn more about our work here: “About Us“