The Salvadoran American Leadership & Educational Fund (SALEF) recently announced their scholarship opportunity for this year. This scholarship is dedicated to supporting students with their college/graduate school tuition expenses. Note: As indicated on their scholarship application, “the scholarship is open to all qualifying students regardless of immigration status. AB 540 students are encouraged to apply.”
Here are the eligibility requirements:
- Applicants must be of Central American or of other Latino ethnicity.
- Applicants must demonstrate proven financial need.
- Applicants must possess a minimum 2.7 GPA.
- Applicants must demonstrate a history of community involvement.
- Applicants must be either:
- Graduating high school seniors
- Current undergraduate, graduate, medical, MPH, MD or Dentistry students.
- Community college students.
- Vocational/trade school students.
- Applicants must be
- pursuing any associate degree
- pursuing a Bachelor’s degree
- pursuing a master’s, J.D. or Ph.D.
- Applicants must live in the Los Angeles Area
To learn more about this scholarship opportunity and to apply, please visit their official website: SALEF 2018 Dream Scholarship
The deadline to apply is June 30, 2018
Don’t forget to visit our website http://www.MyUndocumentedLife.org from your computer (not just mobile phone) so you can have access to the wide range of resources we provide. Be sure to subscribe (it’s free) for up-to-date information and resources for undocumented immigrants. You can subscribe by entering your e-mail address on this form.
At My Undocumented Life blog we provide up-to-date information and resources for undocumented immigrants and allies. We post scholarship opportunities that are open to undocumented students, strategies for navigating the educational system, information on how to apply for DACA/Advance Parole, news on DAPA, and much more. Most importantly, we want to provide a sense of community to our diverse group of readers.