At My Undocumented Life we have compiled the following resources to help undocumented high school students apply to college.
Navigating Higher Education Opportunities Series: In May 2018, we partnered with UndocuScholars to launch a series featuring the experiences and advice of undocumented students navigating the college application process.
- Check out Jacqueline’s post on navigating the college app process as an undocumented student in Georgia.
- Salvador discusses what it’s like to navigate three different institutions of higher ed as an undocumented student and advice for students transferring from community college to a 4-year university.
- Rosalie’s post on her experience as an undocumented, homeless, and first generation student, as well as her advice on what schools can do to better support students.
- Viviana shares the barriers she encountered navigating the college application process without a legal immigration status.
- And Maria wraps up the series by sharing her journey transferring from community college to a 4-year university while navigating Georgia’s exclusionary policies.
College Spotlight: As you look for colleges to apply to, we know that it is helpful to know which schools admit and financially support undocumented students. That is why we have put together this growing list of all of the private colleges who have changed their admissions policies to admit undocumented students as domestic students instead of international students!
Internships: When you are applying to college, it’s important to demonstrate your engagement in the community. We regularly post internship opportunities that are open to undocumented students.
Scholarships: Last, but not least, make sure to check out our page, which features scholarship opportunities open to undocumented students. We are continually expanding this list and featuring scholarships with approaching deadlines so be sure to return to this page periodically. You can find more scholarship opportunities here.
Don’t miss out on the latest resources available for undocumented immigrants, subscribe by entering your e-mail address on this form (it’s free).
At My Undocumented Life we provide up-to-date information and resources for undocumented immigrants and allies. We post scholarship opportunities that are open to undocumented students, strategies for navigating the educational system, information on how to apply for DACA/Advance Parole, news on DAPA, and much more. Most importantly, we want to provide a sense of community to our diverse group of readers.