By CAROLINA VALDIVIA
The Latino Center for Leadership Development just announced an opportunity to travel to Mexico during the summer for undocumented students with DACA. The DACA Cultural Exchange Program seeks to provide students an opportunity to learn about Mexican history and Mexico-US relations through courses offered in Spanish during a five-week session. The program begins on June 6, 2016 and ends on July 8, 2016.
Upon selection, the applicants must immediately apply for, and be approved for, Advance Parole through the U.S. government.
The Colegio de Mexico will offer tuition waivers for program participants. Air travel, transportation, lodging, and meals will be covered for applicants by the LatinoCLD.
Here are the eligibility requirements:
- Immigrant student of Mexican origin who has received DACA which is not due to expire prior to October 1, 2016
- Meets current DACA requirements for Advance Parole
- Currently enrolled in a U.S. college or university or graduated
- Have earned a college GPA of 2.5 or greater on a 4.0 scale
- Ability to communicate in Spanish (verbal and written) at the college/university level
- Demonstrate leadership as indicated by professional, community, or volunteer opportunities
- Strength of character, motivation, and commitment to personal and community goals
- Ability to participate in all program activities related to the DACA Cultural Exchange Program
- Must arrive in Mexico City on the weekend of June 4-5, 2016 and remain until the weekend of July 9-10, 2016
The deadline to apply is February 15, 2016
For more information, and to apply, please visit their official website: “DACA Cultural Exchange Program”
Be sure to “like” this blog on Facebook to get daily updates on new scholarship opportunities, DACA, DAPA, & much more – see top right corner of page.
Categories: Advance Parole