By CAROLINA VALDIVIA
The Chicana/Latina Foundation (CLF) is a non-profit organization which promotes professional and leadership development of Latinas. Each year, the Chicana Latina Foundation awards merit-based scholarships of $1,500 each to Latina college students.
Here are the eligibility requirements:
- Be a woman of Chicana/Latina heritage.
- Be enrolled in an accredited college, university, or community college in one of the following Northern California counties:Alameda – Contra Costa – Marin – Monterey – Napa – Sacramento – San Mateo – Santa Clara – Santa Cruz – Solano – San Francisco – Sonoma – Yolo
- Have lived at least two years in one of the above Northern California counties at the time of application
- Community College and Undergraduate students must:
– Be enrolled as a full-time college student (as defined by your institution*) when
applying and for the following academic year, and
– Have completed 12 college units after high school graduation, and
– Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 of college course work
- Graduate students must:
– Be enrolled graduate/professional students completing course/thesis/dissertation;
or have been accepted into graduate/professional school, and
– Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 for college course work
- Commit to attending the CLF Leadership Institute (one weekend in August after being selected and one weekend the following year in February)
- Commit to volunteering ten (10) hours for CLF before March the year after being selected
- Past CLF awardees may not re-apply until four years after receiving our scholarship
The deadline to apply is March 31, 2016
For more information, and to apply, please visit their official website: “2016 Chicana/Latina Foundation Scholarship”
Be sure to “like” this blog on Facebook to get daily updates on new scholarship opportunities, DACA, DAPA, & much more – see top right corner of page.