By CAROLINA VALDIVIA
The Dream Summer is a national 10-week fellowship program that seeks to empower immigrant youth, create a safe and healing space for immigrant youth, and promote an intersectional approach to social justice. Participants are placed in social justice organizations for 10 weeks. Dream Summer interns work closely with their host organization to incorporate and strengthen the inclusion of undocumented immigrant issues onto the organization’s social justice work. The Dream Summer internship program is from June 15th -19th to August 19th – 21st. Dream Summer participants receive a $5,000 award for their completion and participation in the program. Dream Summer is open to undocumented immigrant youth and allies.
To be eligible, you must be:
- At least 18 years of age by June 13, 2016.
- An Interest and commitment to social justice.
- Full-time availability from Monday, June 13, to Friday, August 19, 2016.
- Available to travel on Sunday, June 12 to attend the orientation retreat hosted in Los Angeles from Monday, June 13, to Friday, June 17, 2016.
- Available to travel on Tuesday, August 16 to attend the closing retreat hosted in Los Angeles from Wednesday, August 17, to Friday, August 19, 2016.
The deadline to apply is March 4, 2016
For more information, and to apply, please visit their official website: “2016 Dream Summer”
Be sure to “like” this blog on Facebook to get daily updates on new scholarship opportunities, DACA, DAPA, & much more – see top right corner of page.