The Dream Summer is a national 10-week fellowship program that seeks to empower immigrant youth, create a safe and healing space for immigrant youth, and promote an intersectional approach to social justice. Participants are placed in social justice organizations for 10 weeks. Dream Summer interns work closely with their host organization to incorporate and strengthen the inclusion of undocumented immigrant issues onto the organization’s social justice work. The Dream Summer internship program is from June 15th -19th to August 19th – 21st. Dream Summer participants receive a $5,000 award for their completion and participation in the program. Dream Summer is open to undocumented immigrant youth and allies.
To be eligible, you must be:
- At least 18 years of age by June 13, 2016.
- An Interest and commitment to social justice.
- Full-time availability from Monday, June 13, to Friday, August 19, 2016.
- Available to travel on Sunday, June 12 to attend the orientation retreat hosted in Los Angeles from Monday, June 13, to Friday, June 17, 2016.
- Available to travel on Tuesday, August 16 to attend the closing retreat hosted in Los Angeles from Wednesday, August 17, to Friday, August 19, 2016.
The deadline to apply is March 4, 2016
For more information, and to apply, please visit their official website: “2016 Dream Summer”
Don’t forget to visit our website http://www.MyUndocumentedLife.org from your computer (not just mobile phone) so you can have access to the wide range of resources we provide. Be sure to subscribe (it’s free) for up-to-date information and resources for undocumented immigrants.
At My Undocumented Life blog we provide up-to-date information and resources to undocumented immigrants. We post scholarship opportunities that are open to undocumented students, strategies for navigating the educational system, information on how to apply for DACA, news on immigration policies, and much more. Most importantly, we want to provide a sense of community to our diverse group of readers.