The Jaime Lucero Mexican Studies Institute at the City University of New York (CUNY) recently announced that they will be offering DACA grants to undocumented young adults who need to renew their DACA.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- The number of DACA Grants available is limited.
- Financial support is only available for students who are renewing DACA. (USCIS strongly encourages you to submit your DACA renewal request between 150 days and 120 days before the expiration date located on your current Form I-797 DACA approval notice and Employment Authorization Document (EAD))
- The Institute does not recommend and will not financially support new applications for DACA to be submitted at this time.
- Priority will be given in the following order:
- (1) Becari@s
- (2) CUNY students
- (3) All other requests.
- The grantee will be required to complete 30 hours of community service with the Institute.
- The grantee must provide the receipt of application (2-3 weeks after filling) Form I-797C, Notice of Action provided in the mail by USCIS.
For more information and to apply, please visit their official website: DACA Grants
DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS PAGE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!
Don’t miss out on the latest resources available for undocumented students, make sure to “like” our page on Facebook. Please consider donating to our platform so we can provide more information and resources to help undocumented students and their families. Any amount helps!
At My Undocumented Life we provide up-to-date information and resources for undocumented immigrants and allies. We post scholarship opportunities that are open to undocumented students, strategies for navigating the educational system, information on how to apply for DACA/Advance Parole, news on DAPA, and much more. Most importantly, we want to provide a sense of community to our diverse group of readers. Learn more about our work here: “About Us“
Subscribe to My Undocumented Life (it's free!)