The California-Mexico Studies Center is offering over 100 undocumented students with DACA, from colleges and universities in the Los Angeles area, the opportunity to travel to Mexico during the summer months of 2016.
If chosen for this opportunity, you will receive the following benefits:
- College course credit, Spanish and Mexican Culture instruction;
- Room & Board, field trips, meals and local transportation;
- Visit with family and discover Mexico during the study abroad experience;
- Re-enter the U.S. legally and allow Dreamers to clear the prior unauthorized entry;
- Develop leadership skills to create similar programs or other projects that benefit Dreamers.
Here are the objectives of the Summer 2016 California-Mexico Dreamers Study Abroad Program:
- Establish a replicable educational program model for Dreamers’ Study Abroad Projects at other colleges and universities through the DACA Advance Parole process;
- Establish the administrative framework for a model that can be reproduced by any U.S. institution of Higher Education;
- Continue and expand video and photo documentation of Dreamers’ human stories;
- Prepare participant Dreamers as ambassadors of the model, for them to replicate similar programs at their own colleges and universities, based on their personal experience;
- Train the participants to become advocates and providers of DACA/DAPA services;
- Allow the Dreamers to spend 1 to 2 weeks in their communities of origin with their family and relatives, and to discover their roots in Mexico on their own
To be eligible for this program, you must:
- Be 21 years-old or older at the time of travel;
- Have a current passport from your country of origin;
- Have been approved for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
- Secure Advance Parole authorization from USCIS (after being accepted to the program);
- Commit to travel and participate in all program activities;
- Must be responsible for at least $1,500 for airfare, registration, tuition & Advance Parole fees
The deadline to apply is April 30, 2016
For more information, and to apply, please visit their official website: “Summer 2016 California-Mexico Dreamers Study Abroad Program”
DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS PAGE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!
Don’t miss out on the latest resources available for undocumented students, make sure to “like” our page on Facebook. Please consider donating to our platform so we can provide more information and resources to help undocumented students and their families. Any amount helps!
At My Undocumented Life we provide up-to-date information and resources for undocumented immigrants and allies. We post scholarship opportunities that are open to undocumented students, strategies for navigating the educational system, information on how to apply for DACA/Advance Parole, news on DAPA, and much more. Most importantly, we want to provide a sense of community to our diverse group of readers. Learn more about our work here: “About Us“
Subscribe to My Undocumented Life (it's free!)
Categories: Advance Parole
Leave a Reply