Over the years, we have facilitated workshops, webinars, and conferences on a variety of topics aimed at raising awareness about and supporting undocumented students. In light of the recent election results, we know how it is all too important for students, educators, counselors, administrators, and community members to come together and learn more about the current state of immigration issues and what important steps can be taken.
To submit a request for a speaking engagement with Carolina, the creator of My Undocumented Life blog, please fill out the form below. I do speaking engagements addressing students and/or school personnel across the country both online and in-person.
I currently reside in southern California. To learn more about my background you can visit the About Us page.
Here are the topics that I usually discuss with undocumented students (I can address other issues upon request):
– Applying to and navigating graduate school as an undocumented student (securing financial support, strengthening one’s application, studying for the GRE, finding a mentor, gaining research experience, publishing, balancing responsibilities)
– A discussion about whether or not to disclose one’s immigration status to fellow students and/or instructors during college or in the graduate school application process.
– A conversation about student’s concerns and plans related to life after college given their immigration status
– How to find a support network
– Advice and resources to better care for student’s mental and physical health
Here are the topics I typically discuss with educators/administrators (I can address other issues upon request):
– How schools can identify and address the needs of undocumented students (legal support, avenues for financial assistance, mental health, post-graduation plans, etc.)
– Overview of relevant immigration policy and efforts at the federal, state, and local level that affect undocumented students and/or their families (in-state versus out-of-state tuition, state financial aid, DACA, DAPA, enforcement, sanctuary campus)