The California-Mexico Studies Center (CMSC) just announced a travel-study program from August 1st to August 21st, 2017, and a 10-day course at the prestigious Mexican graduate school Colegio de la Frontera Norte (COLEF) in Tijuana, Baja California. The program offers the following: Advance Parole application preparation and filing assistance; Hotel, meals, field-trips, and travel insurance for the duration of the program; Local transportation and lawful re-entry into the U.S. by charter bus; A chance for Dreamers to visit their birthplace, conduct family ethnographic research, and discover Mexico independently; Psychological counseling and group therapy sessions; Leadership skills to create similar programs and/or other projects that benefit Dreamers to “pay-it-forward” as required by the program’s mission.
Here are the eligibility requirements:
- Be 21 years-old or older, and speak fluent Spanish
- Have an active DACA status good thru Sept. 30th
- Have a valid passport from the respective country of origin
- If applicant is Mexican-born, he/she must commit to apply to and attain the Instituto Nacional Electoral’s (INE) Credencial para Votar en el Extranjero by the time of departure*
- Must participate in the conference from Aug. 16-20 & return with the group on Aug. 21, 2017 via charter bus provided by the program to ensure every participant’s safe and legal return as a group and with legal representation.
- Must be able to pay the $2,500 program fee upon acceptance into the program
The deadline to apply is March 31, 2017
Note: The program indicates that “Please take into consideration that the Advance Parole application approval process time can vary from 1 to 4 months, therefore, we will give preference to those applicants who are quick to submit their completed online application, personal statement of purpose and letters of recommendation. We will consider everyone who applies within the application period from March 16 to March 31st, but we will review applications and select applicants on a first-come, first-served basis. Thus, we highly encourage you to apply and submit your supporting documentation as soon as possible. Please do not wait until the last minute.”
For more information and to apply, please visit their official website: Summer 2017 California-Mexico Dreamers Study Abroad Program
DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS PAGE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!
Don’t miss out on the latest resources available for undocumented students, make sure to “like” our page on Facebook. Please consider donating to our platform so we can provide more information and resources to help undocumented students and their families. Any amount helps!
At My Undocumented Life we provide up-to-date information and resources for undocumented immigrants and allies. We post scholarship opportunities that are open to undocumented students, strategies for navigating the educational system, information on how to apply for DACA/Advance Parole, news on DAPA, and much more. Most importantly, we want to provide a sense of community to our diverse group of readers. Learn more about our work here: “About Us“
Subscribe to My Undocumented Life (it's free!)
Categories: Advance Parole