Scholar Fund is a nonprofit organization that is dedicated to serving underrepresented communities, including undocumented and low-income immigrants. As part of their work, Scholar Fund hosts the “Cultural Leadership Fellowship” (CLF) program which provides an opportunity for undocumented professionals to travel across the United States (for those without access to DACA), and around the world (for those with DACA). Through the fellowship, selected professionals engage in culturally responsive programming, with the ability to also participate in community-based ethnography projects in partnership with educators and community-based organizations. Scholar Fund is currently accepting applications for its 2024 Summer CLF program, which is open to undocumented professionals with DACA. Participants will travel to Japan, Portugal, Brazil, or South Africa. The program fees range from $3,250 to $4,000 and covers the costs associated with lodging, meals, transportation, advance parole application and guidance, and more.
To be eligible for this program, participants must meet the following requirements:
- “Must be undocumented with an approved Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) and work permit to be able to apply for Advance Parole.
- Must live in the United States and have a valid passport from the respective country of origin by Friday, March 1, 2024, and must be valid for at least 6 months after the program dates.
- Must be at least 18 years old by the start of the program.
- Must participate in ALL PROGRAM activities.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the time of application, and must obtain the most-recent COVID-19 booster vaccine prior to travel. There will not be exceptions.
- Must follow COVID-19 safety protocols, including wearing a K/N95 mask indoors, transportation (plane, train, bus, etc.), and other spaces regardless of CDC, state, or country mandates.
- Must test negative for COVID-19 48 hours prior to departure, day of travel, and 24 hours after arriving in the country for the program
- Must be able to pay round-trip airfare from the United States and the host countries.
- Must be able to pay the program fee and any additional fees (visa, passport fees, etc.)”
The deadline to apply for the 2024 Summer CLF program is November 30, 2023 by 11:59pm PST.
To learn more about this program, and to apply, please visit their official website: 2024 Summer CLF program
DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS PAGE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!
Don’t miss out on the latest resources available for undocumented students, make sure to “like” our page on Facebook. Please consider donating to our platform so we can provide more information and resources to help undocumented students and their families. Any amount helps!
At My Undocumented Life we provide up-to-date information and resources for undocumented immigrants and allies. We post scholarship opportunities that are open to undocumented students, strategies for navigating the educational system, information on how to apply for DACA/Advance Parole, news on DAPA, and much more. Most importantly, we want to provide a sense of community to our diverse group of readers. Learn more about our work here: “About Us“