By CAROLINA VALDIVIA
The Bay Area Gardeners Scholarship Foundation provides financial support to low-income, underserved and underrepresented students who are pursuing a college education. Undocumented students are encouraged to apply. Scholarships are $1,500 each; two of the twenty recipients who display community involvement and who excel academically will receive an additional $1,000. This scholarship opportunity is open to high school seniors, high school graduates, GED recipients, and students currently in college.
Here are the eligibility requirements:
- Financial need
- Academic achievement
- Community involvement: between June 2015-April 30, 2016 students must complete 25 volunteer hours at one of more community organizations
- Minimum 2.5 GPA (unweighted or weighted)
- Reside in the counties of San Francisco, San Mateo, or Santa Clara
- College applicants: must be enrolling or attending college in the fall 2016
- High school applicant: must be graduating in the 2015-2016 academic year
- Returning student applicant: (including those who did not go directly from high school to college and those who took a break before college graduation) must be enrolling or attending college in fall 2016
The deadline to apply is May 5, 2016
For more information, and to apply, please visit their official website: “2016 Bay Area Gardeners Scholarship”
Be sure to “like” this blog on Facebook to get daily updates on new scholarship opportunities, DACA, DAPA, & much more – see top right corner of page.
Categories: Undergrad Scholarships