By CAROLINA VALDIVIA
If you are interested in applying to graduate school, check out the Institute for Recruitment of Teachers
From early September through mid-November, all participants receive the following support throughout the graduate school application process at no charge, which include:
- Individualized support and extensive counseling as you choose graduate programs and apply to a renowned consortium of graduate schools across the country
- Application fee waivers
- Assistance in fine-tuning statements of purpose, resumes, and writing samples
- Approximately two months and $1000 saved on completing at least 10 applications
- Invitation to participate in IRT’s annual Recruiters’ Weekend, attended by more than 60 academic deans and graduate admissions representatives from consortium institutions
During the summer workshop, students engage a graduate-level curriculum of critical, cultural and educational theory. Students also prepare for the GRE and work on their statements of purpose. In mid-July, the IRT hosts its annual Recruiters’ Weekend for all students where deans and admissions representatives from consortium institutions are eager to speak with potential candidates about their graduate programs. Summer workshop participants receive a $1,200 stipend, travel expenses (for those traveling by plane or train), and room and board.
Application deadline is April 1, 2014!
- Intern Summer Workshop:
Applicants must be rising or graduating college seniors.
- Associate Program:
Applicants must be rising college seniors, college graduates, or currently or previously enrolled in a Master’s degree program.
- All Applicants Must:
- For undergraduates, have earned a grade point average of 3.0 or above (on a 4.0 scale); and for graduate students, have earned a grade point average of 3.5 or above (on a 4.0 scale).
- Have an undergraduate or Master’s degree major in mathematics, social sciences, humanities, education or computer science;
- Demonstrate a commitment to eradicating racial disparities in education;
- Demonstrate an interest in serving as a positive role model to youth;
- Submit a complete application by April 1.
To apply online and for more information about the application requirements, visit the official website: http://www.andover.edu/SummerSessionOutreach/IFROTeachers/Pages/ApplyOnline.aspx
Categories: Applying to grad school