By CAROLINA VALDIVIA
“Each year, the Chicana Latina Foundation awards merit-based scholarships to Latina college students, valued at $1,500 dollars each.” This year they are offering 31 scholarships.
Deadline: Tuesday, March 31, 2015
To be eligible, candidates must:
- Be a woman of Chicana/Latina heritage.
- Be enrolled in an accredited college, university, or community college in one of the following Northern California counties:
- Have lived at least two years in one of the above Northern California counties at the time of application
- Community College and Undergraduate students must: – Be enrolled as a full-time college student (as defined by your institution*) when applying and for the following academic year, and – Have completed 12 college units after high school graduation, and – Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 of college course work
- Graduate students must: – Be enrolled graduate/professional students completing course/thesis/dissertation; or have been accepted into graduate/professional school, and – Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 for college course work
- Commit to attending the CLF Leadership Institute (one weekend in August after being selected and one weekend the following year in February)
- Commit to volunteering ten (10) hours for CLF before March the year after being selected
- Past CLF awardees may not re-apply until four years after receiving our scholarship
For additional information, to learn about previous awardees, and to download an application, please visit their official website: Chicana/Latina Foundation Scholarship Program