The Ford Foundation is currently accepting applications for its 2016 Pre-Doctoral Fellowship opportunity! Please note that this fellowship is one of the few out there that are open to students with Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals so I would definitely encourage folks with DACA to apply. Earlier this year, I was selected as a Pre-Doctoral Fellow. This opportunity is extremely rewarding- supporting you through your graduate school journey and towards a career in academia.
These fellowships provide an annual stipend of $24,000 (for three years total), expenses paid to at least one of the Conference of Ford Fellows, and access to Ford Fellow Regional Liaisons (a network of former Ford Fellows who have volunteered to provide mentoring and support to current fellows)
Who is eligible to apply?
- All citizens, nationals, and permanent residents (holders of a Permanent Resident Card) of the United States, as well as individuals granted deferred action status under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Program, regardless of race, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, or sexual orientation,
- Individuals with evidence of superior academic achievement (such as grade point average, class rank, honors, or other designations),
- Individuals committed to a career in teaching and research at the college or university level,
- Individuals enrolled in or planning to enroll in an eligible research-based (dissertation-required), program leading to a Ph.D. or Sc.D. degree at a non-proprietary (not for profit) U.S. institution of higher education,
- Individuals who as of the 2016 fall semester require a minimum of three years of study to complete their Ph.D./Sc.D. degree, and
- Individuals who have not earned a doctoral degree at any time, in any field.
For more information about this fellowship, please visit their official website: “Pre-Doctoral Fact Sheet”
For information on applying, please visit: “How to Apply”
For Frequently Asked Questions: “Applicant Frequently Asked Questions”
Deadline to apply: November 20, 2015
DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS PAGE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!
Don’t miss out on the latest resources available for undocumented students, make sure to “like” our page on Facebook. Please consider donating to our platform so we can provide more information and resources to help undocumented students and their families. Any amount helps!
At My Undocumented Life we provide up-to-date information and resources for undocumented immigrants and allies. We post scholarship opportunities that are open to undocumented students, strategies for navigating the educational system, information on how to apply for DACA/Advance Parole, news on DAPA, and much more. Most importantly, we want to provide a sense of community to our diverse group of readers. Learn more about our work here: “About Us“
Subscribe to My Undocumented Life (it's free!)
Categories: Grad School Funding
Leave a Reply