The Richards Center at Pennsylvania State University is sponsoring a FREE summer program for undergraduate students from historically underrepresented backgrounds who have an interest in pursuing doctoral study in history or a dual-title PhD in history and African American Studies.
The program will be June 26-July 1, 2016 and travel, housing, food, and course materials are covered.
- Pre-graduate school advising about graduate admissions, research methods, and more
- Professional development workshops
- Simulated doctoral seminar with outstanding faculty
- A behind-the-scenes look at Penn State’s Graduate History Program
- Exposure to a community of scholars committed to diversifying the academy
- Applicant must be a rising junior or senior in a degree-granting program at a U.S. college or university during the summer of 2016
- Applicant must be from a racial or ethnic group that is under-represented in the discipline of history or in the history graduate program at Penn State
- Applicant must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Applicant must have a strong interest in pursuing a PhD in history
The deadline to apply is February 15, 2016.
For more information on the program and to apply, please visit their official website: “Undergraduate Mentoring Program for Under-represented Students at Penn State”
DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS PAGE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!
Don’t miss out on the latest resources available for undocumented students, make sure to “like” our page on Facebook. Please consider donating to our platform so we can provide more information and resources to help undocumented students and their families. Any amount helps!
At My Undocumented Life we provide up-to-date information and resources for undocumented immigrants and allies. We post scholarship opportunities that are open to undocumented students, strategies for navigating the educational system, information on how to apply for DACA/Advance Parole, news on DAPA, and much more. Most importantly, we want to provide a sense of community to our diverse group of readers. Learn more about our work here: “About Us“
Subscribe to My Undocumented Life (it's free!)
Categories: Applying to Grad School
Leave a Reply