By CAROLINA VALDIVIA
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation College Scholarship Program is open to high school seniors with financial need who seek to attend college/university.
Selected from a nationwide pool of applicants, up to 40 students will become Jack Kent Cooke Scholars and have access to funding for up to four years for undergraduate studies.
Each award includes:
- Up to $40,000 per year to attend a four-year accredited undergraduate school
- Ability to pursue any area of study
- Personal advising about selecting a college and navigating financial aid
- Multifaceted advising about how to transition to college and maximize the college student experience
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Plan to graduate from a US high school in spring 2016
- Intend to enroll in an accredited four-year college beginning in fall 2016
- Earn a cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.5 or above
- SAT combined critical reading and math score of 1200 or above and/or ACT composite score of 26 or above
- Demonstrate significant unmet financial need. We will consider applicants with family income up to $95,000. However, we anticipate that a majority of scholarship recipients will be eligible to receive a Pell grant
NOTE: You do not have to be a U.S. citizen to apply. Non-US citizens may be eligible for the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation’s scholarships if they demonstrate unmet financial need, regardless of their eligibility for other types of federal and institutional financial aid. You must, however, reside in the United States or a US territory and attend high school in the United States.
Deadline: November 3, 2015
For more information, frequently asked questions, and to apply, please visit their official website: “College Scholarship Program”
Be sure to subscribe to this blog to get daily updates on new scholarship opportunities, DACA, DAPA, & much more. To subscribe, click on the subscription box located at the top right corner of this page! Also, please help spread the word about this blog by ‘liking it’ on facebook – see top right corner of page. Thank you!
Categories: Undergrad Scholarships