By CAROLINA VALDIVIA
The Point Foundation empowers promising lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer students to achieve their full academic and leadership potential. They are the nation’s largest scholarship-granting organization for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) students. This year, they will be awarding 85 scholarships. Each scholarship recipient will also be paired with a mentor and be able to participate in leadership development programs and events.
To be eligible, one must:
- Be enrolled or intending to enroll at an accredited college or university based in the United States in the fall of 2016
- Be enrolled full-time for the full academic year
- Be enrolled in a degree-granting undergraduate or graduate/doctoral program
- Community college students must be transferring to a four-year college or university. Students continuing their studies at community colleges, online programs, trade schools, as well as postdoctoral research students are NOT eligible
- Be at least a senior in high school
- Be “out” as a person who identifies as a member of the LGBTQ community
Point’s application process is open to all college students regardless of citizenship. Undocumented students are eligible and will be reviewed as international students.
Important Submission DEADLINES:
November 1: Part I of Point’s Scholarship Application opens.
November 1: Part II of Point’s Scholarship Application opens to eligible applicants, who are notified by email and then have until February 2 to submit Part II.
January 19: Part I of Point’s Scholarship Application closes at 11:59 p.m. PST.
February 1: Part II of Point’s Scholarship Application closes at 11:59 p.m. PST.
To learn more about the Point Foundation, this scholarship opportunity, and to apply, please visit their official website: “2015-2016 Point Foundation Scholarship”
Be sure to subscribe to this blog to get daily updates on new scholarship opportunities, DACA, DAPA, & much more. To subscribe, click on the subscription box located at the top right corner of this page! Also, please help spread the word about this blog by ‘liking it’ on facebook – see top right corner of page. Thank you!