By CAROLINA VALDIVIA
Scholarship America’s Dream Award has been established to assist students from across the nation entering their second year or higher of education beyond high school. Renewable scholarships are offered each year for full-time study at an accredited institution of the student’s choice. This scholarship opportunity is open to undocumented students with DACA who are either in community college or four-year universities!
If selected as a recipient, the student will receive an award ranging from $5,000 to $15,000. Awards may be renewed for up to three additional years or until a bachelor’s degree is earned, whichever occurs first. Renewal is contingent upon satisfactory academic performance in a full-time course of study. Each year of eligible renewal, the award will increase by $1,000.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be at least 17 years of age.
- Be U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents (holders of a Permanent Resident card), or individuals granted deferred action status under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program (DACA).
- Have received a high school diploma or the equivalent from a U.S. school by September 2015.
- Have completed or expect to successfully complete a minimum of one full year of postsecondary education by June 2016.
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at the sophomore year level or higher at an accredited two- or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school in the United States for the entire 2016-17 academic year.
- Be studying to obtain an associate’s or first bachelor’s degree.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent).
- Demonstrate financial need.
Deadline to apply is: December 15, 2015
To learn more about this scholarship opportunity, and to apply, please visit their official website: “Scholarship America Dream Award”
Be sure to subscribe to this blog to get daily updates on new scholarship opportunities, DACA, DAPA, & much more. To subscribe, click on the subscription box located at the top right corner of this page! Also, please support this blog by ‘liking it’ on facebook – see top right corner of page. Thank you!
Categories: Undergrad Scholarships