Scholarship America’s Dream Award has been established to assist students from across the nation entering their second year or higher of education beyond high school. Renewable scholarships are offered each year for full-time study at an accredited institution of the student’s choice. This scholarship opportunity is open to undocumented students with DACA who are either in community college or four-year universities!
If selected as a recipient, the student will receive an award ranging from $5,000 to $15,000. Awards may be renewed for up to three additional years or until a bachelor’s degree is earned, whichever occurs first. Renewal is contingent upon satisfactory academic performance in a full-time course of study. Each year of eligible renewal, the award will increase by $1,000.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be at least 17 years of age.
- Be U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents (holders of a Permanent Resident card), or individuals granted deferred action status under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program (DACA).
- Have received a high school diploma or the equivalent from a U.S. school by September 2015.
- Have completed or expect to successfully complete a minimum of one full year of postsecondary education by June 2016.
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at the sophomore year level or higher at an accredited two- or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school in the United States for the entire 2016-17 academic year.
- Be studying to obtain an associate’s or first bachelor’s degree.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent).
- Demonstrate financial need.
Deadline to apply is: December 15, 2015
To learn more about this scholarship opportunity, and to apply, please visit their official website: “Scholarship America Dream Award”
DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS PAGE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!
Don’t miss out on the latest resources available for undocumented students, make sure to “like” our page on Facebook. Please consider donating to our platform so we can provide more information and resources to help undocumented students and their families. Any amount helps!
At My Undocumented Life we provide up-to-date information and resources for undocumented immigrants and allies. We post scholarship opportunities that are open to undocumented students, strategies for navigating the educational system, information on how to apply for DACA/Advance Parole, news on DAPA, and much more. Most importantly, we want to provide a sense of community to our diverse group of readers. Learn more about our work here: “About Us“
Subscribe to My Undocumented Life (it's free!)
Categories: College Scholarships