By CAROLINA VALDIVIA
Univision recently launched their 2016-2017 scholarship program. This scholarship opportunity is open to high school students, undergraduates, and graduate students (awards range from $500 to $5,000).Scholarship funds may be used for tuition, fees, books, and other academic related supplies, as well as for room/board and transportation expenses related to school. This opportunity is open to undocumented students (with or without DACA!). Univision states that, “undocumented students ineligible to complete the FAFSA may still apply. Univision requires students that do not qualify for the FAFSA as a result of immigration status (e.g. undocumented), to apply for their state’s financial aid program, if available. Scholarship applicants from particular states that have state financial aid programs available to undocumented students must submit a copy of their state’s version of a State Student Aid Report to Univision. If you are an undocumented student and your state of residence does not permit you to apply to your state’s financial aid program, such as the CA Dream Act, you can still apply for Univision scholarships.”
Here are the eligibility requirements:
- Plan to enroll full-time in an accredited university in the fall of the desired scholarship year
- Complete FAFSA or state based financial aid (if applicable)
- Ethnicity: Must be of Hispanic heritage
- High School graduating seniors – Cumulative GPA of 3.00 GPA, based on a 4.00 scale (or equivalent) earned from 9th through the first semester/term of the 12th grade
- Undergraduate college students (including community college Transfers) – Cumulative GPA of 2.5, based on a 4.00 scale (or equivalent) earned is required for a minimum of 12 units/credits earned.
- Graduate college students- Cumulative GPA of 2.5, based on a 4.00 scale (or equivalent) earned is required for a minimum of 9 units/credits earned.
The deadline to apply is March 30, 2016
Be sure to “like” this blog on Facebook to get daily updates on new scholarship opportunities, DACA, DAPA, & much more – see top right corner of page.