The BECA Foundation is offering three scholarship opportunities (ranging between $500 to $1,000). Here are the eligibility requirements for each one:
- Applicants must be graduating high school students in San Diego county who will begin college in the fall
Alice Newell Joslyn Medical Fund:
- Applicants must be entering the Medical/Health Care profession i.e.; dental/medical assistant, nursing, physical therapist, or seeking their Bachelor of Science, Master’s or Doctorate in the health field.
- Be living or attending a high school or college in San Diego County at the time of application.
LAFS- California State University, San Marcos:
- Applicants must be CSUSM Latino students
- Must be enrolled in at least 6 or more units
- Must be enrolled in the Spring semester of the application period and the Fall semester of the award period
- Must be in good academic standing at CSUSM (2.0 GPA)
- Graduate students: must be in an approved post-bachelors program
The deadline to apply is April 1, 2016
For more information, and to apply, please visit their official website: “2016 BECA Foundation Scholarships”
DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS PAGE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!
Don’t miss out on the latest resources available for undocumented students, make sure to “like” our page on Facebook. Please consider donating to our platform so we can provide more information and resources to help undocumented students and their families. Any amount helps!
At My Undocumented Life we provide up-to-date information and resources for undocumented immigrants and allies. We post scholarship opportunities that are open to undocumented students, strategies for navigating the educational system, information on how to apply for DACA/Advance Parole, news on DAPA, and much more. Most importantly, we want to provide a sense of community to our diverse group of readers. Learn more about our work here: “About Us“