By CAROLINA VALDIVIA
The BECA Foundation is offering three scholarship opportunities (ranging between $500 to $1,000). Here are the eligibility requirements for each one:
- Applicants must be graduating high school students in San Diego county who will begin college in the fall
Alice Newell Joslyn Medical Fund:
- Applicants must be entering the Medical/Health Care profession i.e.; dental/medical assistant, nursing, physical therapist, or seeking their Bachelor of Science, Master’s or Doctorate in the health field.
- Be living or attending a high school or college in San Diego County at the time of application.
LAFS- California State University, San Marcos:
- Applicants must be CSUSM Latino students
- Must be enrolled in at least 6 or more units
- Must be enrolled in the Spring semester of the application period and the Fall semester of the award period
- Must be in good academic standing at CSUSM (2.0 GPA)
- Graduate students: must be in an approved post-bachelors program
The deadline to apply is April 1, 2016
For more information, and to apply, please visit their official website: “2016 BECA Foundation Scholarships”
Be sure to “like” this blog on Facebook to get daily updates on new scholarship opportunities, DACA, DAPA, & much more – see top right corner of page.