By CAROLINA VALDIVIA
Manos de Esperanza, a non-profit organization based in Northern California, is offering scholarships (ranging from $500 to $1000) to students who are pursuing their undergraduate education.
Here are the eligibility requirements:
- Must demonstrate community service
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 on undergraduate college coursework
- Must have completed a minimum of 12 college units, after high school graduation
- Be enrolled full-time and for the following academic year in an accredited college, university, or community college in one of the following California counties: Alameda, Contra Costa, Fresno, Marin, Monterey, Napa, Sacramento, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Solano, Sonoma, Tulare, or Yolo
- Participate in an interview with the scholarship committee
- Commit to attend Manos de Esperanza’s annual benefit event held in early December
- Demonstrate financial need
The deadline to apply is June 30, 2016
For more information, and to apply, please visit their official website: “Manos de Esperanza Scholarship”
Be sure to “like” this blog on Facebook to get daily updates on new scholarship opportunities, DACA, DAPA, & much more – see top right corner of page.
Categories: Undergrad Scholarships