By CAROLINA VALDIVIA
The UC Santa Cruz Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) office is recruiting a coordinator/counselor to focus on services for undocumented students. The office is seeking a dynamic, student centered, service oriented leader to join their team to spearhead programs for undocumented students.
The Undocumented Student Services Coordinator/EOP Counselor (USSC/EC) will provide direct services and coordinate programs to support the academic success, retention and graduation of undocumented students. The Coordinator will also provide academic and personal counseling/guidance, as well as manage student cases to propel their development and success as university students. Minimum starting salary is $50,000/annually.
Qualifications for this job include:
- Masters degree in education, counseling, social work or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- At least three years full-time career level experience and achievement advising and/or counseling students who are undocumented, first-generation to college, low-income, underrepresented, non-traditional and/or have immigrant backgrounds.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with issues related to undocumented students entering and continuing through higher education programs.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Multicultural competency and experience advising diverse groups of students with special emphasis on immigrant and undocumented students.
This position is open until filled. Initial review of applications will begin on February 8, 2017, so candidates are encouraged to apply by this date.
For more information about this job opportunity and to apply, please visit: “UCSC Undocumented Student Services Coordinator”
Make sure to bookmark and share our more general Post-Election Information page which contains other relevant information and resources.
Be sure to “like” this blog on Facebook and subscribe to get daily updates on new scholarship opportunities, DACA, DAPA, & much more – see top right corner of page (or scroll down if you are visiting from your phone).