By CAROLINA VALDIVIA
The Levin‐Goffe Scholarship for LGBTQI immigrants provides financial support to students who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, or intersex and who are living in the United States without permanent residential status. The scholarship will cover up to two years of undergraduate schooling at an accredited New York City college or university, paying tuition and fees of up to $6,250 per term or $12,500 per year directly the scholarship recipient’s school.
Here are the eligibility requirements:
- Openly self‐identifies as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, or intersex;
- Hold neither U.S. citizenship nor a green card;
- Do not have a criminal record in the United States;
- Can prove full‐time enrollment at an accredited, nonprofit New York City college or university with intention of receiving a Bachelor’s degree;
- Do not have a tuition that exceeds $12,500 annually;
- Have successfully completed at least one full academic year at a New York City college or university; AND
- Have a current, most recent, or cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.25 or higher
The extended deadline to apply is July 5, 2016
For more information, and to apply, please visit their official website: “Levin-Goffe Scholarship Fund”
Be sure to “like” this blog on Facebook to get daily updates on new scholarship opportunities, DACA, DAPA, & much more – see top right corner of page.
Categories: Undergrad Scholarships