By CAROLINA VALDIVIA
The National Foundation of Alpha Psi Lambda (NFAPL) is committed to the advancement of Latinos through education and leadership. This year, they are awarding a $1,000 scholarship to a student who is, or will be, attending an institution of higher learning (2 or 4-year college) and who shows a commitment to education, citizenship and/or community. NOTE: The National Foundation of Alpha Psi Lambda is committed to equal opportunity. Therefore, the National Foundation of Alpha Psi Lambda does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of gender, race, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, color, creed, or sexual orientation.
Here are the eligibility requirements:
- Applicant must be a registered student at an accredited American college or university.
- The scholarship will be based on leadership and community service.
- The scholarship available to the community at large.
- The scholarship is open to incoming freshmen students as well as undergraduate and graduate students attending, or planning to attend, an accredited college or university.
- GPA requirement: 2.5 as an undergraduate or high school graduate and 3.0 as a graduate student.
The deadline to apply is July 31, 2016
For more information, and to apply, please visit their official website: “NFAPL Scholarship”
How has this blog helped you? Submit your testimonial and help us feature how our work has impacted people from all across the U.S.