Golden Apple Scholars who enter the program out of High School receive up to $23,000 in scholarships and stipend funds, paid summer institutes, academic support, job placement assistance, and ongoing mentoring.
Here are the eligibility requirements:
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen (DACAmented student) and resident of Illinois.
- Graduate high school in 2017
- Complete online application
- 2.5 GPA – school transcripts must be submitted to Golden Apple before applications are considered complete
- Standardized testing requirements:
- ACT: Prior to 9/1/15 – Composite score of 22 or higher and a minimum score of 19 on the Combined English/Writing portion; 9/1/15 and later – Composite score of 22 or higher and a minimum score of 16 on the Writing portion; or
- SAT: Prior to 3/5/16 – Composite score of 1030 (critical reading + mathematics=1030 or higher) and minimum score of 26 on writing and language
- *Taking either ACT or SAT is acceptable. All scores must be from one test administration taken on the same date.
The deadline to apply is December 1, 2016
For more information, and to apply, please visit their official website: Golden Apple Scholars
DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS PAGE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!
Don’t miss out on the latest resources available for undocumented students, make sure to “like” our page on Facebook. Please consider donating to our platform so we can provide more information and resources to help undocumented students and their families. Any amount helps!
At My Undocumented Life we provide up-to-date information and resources for undocumented immigrants and allies. We post scholarship opportunities that are open to undocumented students, strategies for navigating the educational system, information on how to apply for DACA/Advance Parole, news on DAPA, and much more. Most importantly, we want to provide a sense of community to our diverse group of readers. Learn more about our work here: “About Us“
Subscribe to My Undocumented Life (it's free!)
Categories: College Scholarships