By CAROLINA VALDIVIA
The Ford Foundation is committed to increasing the diversity of the country’s college and university faculties by increasing their ethnic and racial diversity, to maximize the educational benefits of diversity, and to increase the number of professors who can and will use diversity as a resource for enriching the education of all students. Their Pre-Doctoral fellowship opportunity offers an annual stipend of $24,000, expenses paid to attend at least one Conference of Ford Fellows, as well as access to Ford Fellow Regional Liaisons, a network of former Ford Fellows who have volunteered to provide mentoring and support to current fellows.
Here are the eligibility requirements:
- All citizens, nationals, and permanent residents (holders of a Permanent Resident Card) of the United States, as well as individuals granted deferred action status under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Program, regardless of race, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, or sexual orientation,
- Individuals with evidence of superior academic achievement (such as grade point average, class rank, honors, or other designations),
- Individuals committed to a career in teaching and research at the college or university level,
- Individuals enrolled in or planning to enroll in an eligible research-based (dissertation-required), program leading to a Ph.D. or Sc.D. degree at a non-proprietary (not for profit) U.S. institution of higher education,
- Individuals who as of the 2017 fall semester require a minimum of three years of study to complete their Ph.D./Sc.D. degree, and
- Individuals who have not earned a doctoral degree at any time, in any field.
The deadline to apply is November 17, 2016
If you are in the dissertation writing stage or will be receiving your Ph.D. soon, please note that the Ford Foundation also offers Dissertation and Post-Doctoral Fellowships.
For more information about these fellowships, and to apply, please visit their official website: Ford Foundation Pre-Doctoral Fellowship
Be sure to “like” this blog on Facebook to get daily updates on new scholarship opportunities, DACA, DAPA, & much more – see top right corner of page.
Categories: Grad School Scholarships