Are you passionate about working with and on behalf of undocumented communities? Consider joining My (Un)Documented Life blog’s Fall 2016 Internship Program to be a part of a growing platform that provides up-to-date information and resources to undocumented immigrants. You will also contribute to building a sense of community among undocumented immigrants and allies across the country by helping us expand the blog’s content and reach. Note: This is a non-paid internship opportunity.
Our Fall 2016 Internship Program is ideal for college students and graduates who may also be interested in pursuing graduate school (graduate students are also welcomed).
This 7-week internship program includes:
- Professional skill development and leadership training
- Direct mentorship from My (Un)Documented Life blog’s Editor-in-Chief Carolina on how best to navigate college, the graduate school application process, and other topics that may interest you. This includes getting feedback on your application statements, and access to weekly 1-hour check-ins with Carolina.
- Opportunities to network closely with fellow undocumented college and graduate students across the country
Responsibilities as an intern include:
- Committing 5 hours per week from October 15 to December 3 on blog-related objectives such as: key administrative tasks, communicating with different members of the community (e.g. organizers, school administrators, educators), spreading the word about the blog on social media outlets, writing blog pieces, brainstorming on how to improve the blog, and/or other tasks. We’ll do our best to match your interests and talents with particular tasks. Supervision and guidance will be provided throughout the entire duration of the 7-week internship program.
Here are the eligibility requirements:
- Be currently in college or have recently graduated
- Have a personal connection to undocumented communities
- Be able to work independently and remotely online with a strong commitment to meeting weekly deadlines. Guidance and supervision will be provided on how to best carry out each task.
- Candidates should be reliable and punctual
The deadline to apply for this opportunity is October 7th, 2016
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com
To apply, please fill out the form below:
DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS PAGE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!
Don’t miss out on the latest resources available for undocumented students, make sure to “like” our page on Facebook. Please consider donating to our platform so we can provide more information and resources to help undocumented students and their families. Any amount helps!
At My Undocumented Life we provide up-to-date information and resources for undocumented immigrants and allies. We post scholarship opportunities that are open to undocumented students, strategies for navigating the educational system, information on how to apply for DACA/Advance Parole, news on DAPA, and much more. Most importantly, we want to provide a sense of community to our diverse group of readers. Learn more about our work here: “About Us“
Subscribe to My Undocumented Life (it's free!)
Categories: Applying to Grad School