By CAROLINA VALDIVIA
The Latino Medical Student Association (LMSA) is offering a “Sí Se Puede” Scholarship for pre-medical students applying to accredited U.S. Medical Schools. Personal qualities, financial need, academic and extracurricular achievement will be considered in the selection process. Students are eligible to receive the scholarship regardless of immigration status.
Here are the eligibility requirements:
- Must be committed to pursuing a career in medicine and dedicated to serving the Latino and underserved communities.
- Applicants should demonstrate a desire to advance the state of healthcare and education in Latino and underserved communities through leadership in extracurricular activities and/or membership in civic organizations.
- Eligible applicants should have submitted AMCAS® OR AACOMAS® applications for the cycle that would allow for matriculation into medical school in fall of 2015.
- Funds can be used for AMCAS® OR AACOMAS® registration fees. Original receipts and other pertinent documents must be submitted for award to be distributed. Winners will receive details with notification of award. LMSA reserves the right to withdraw or withhold scholarship pending submission of necessary documents.
- Strong consideration will be placed upon financial need.
- Student must be a dues-paying pre-med member of LMSA-West.
- Must be a member of the LMSA-West region states (Arizona, California, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Nevada)
- Winner must be available to be interviewed for the LMSA-West Newsletter.
The deadline to apply is October 31, 2016
For more information and to apply, please visit their official website: LMSA Scholarship
Be sure to “like” this blog on Facebook to get daily updates on new scholarship opportunities, DACA, DAPA, & much more – see top right corner of page.
Categories: Applying to grad school