By CAROLINA VALDIVIA
The Point Foundation is committed to empowering lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer students to achieve their full academic and leadership potential. They are the nation’s largest scholarship-granting organization for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) students. They recently announced this year’s scholarship opportunity. Note: Point Scholarships are awarded on a “last provider” basis, meaning that Point fills in the gaps and provides funds not provided by other scholarships, grants, loans, work/study programs, etc.
Point’s application process is open to all college students regardless of citizenship. Undocumented students are eligible and will be reviewed as international students.
Here are the eligibility requirements:
- Must be enrolled or intending to enroll at an accredited college or university based in the United States, including Hawaii and Alaska, in the fall of 2017. Students enrolled or intending to enroll in a college or university in a United States territory are NOT eligible.
- Must be “out” as a person who identifies as a member of the LGBTQ community.
- Must be enrolled full-time for the full academic year.
- Must be enrolled in a degree-granting undergraduate or graduate/ doctoral program. Post-doctoral programs are not eligible.
- Community college students must be transferring to a four-year college or university. Students continuing their studies at community colleges, online programs, trade schools, as well as post-doctoral research students are NOT eligible.
- Must be at least a senior in high school.
- If selected as a finalist, the finalist must be in North or Central America on April 20-22 and be available to fly to Los Angeles in order to remain eligible for the scholarship. All travel expenses will be covered by Point.
The deadline to apply is January 30, 2017
For more information and to apply, please visit their official website: Point Foundation
Be sure to “like” this blog on Facebook to get daily updates on new scholarship opportunities, DACA, DAPA, & much more – see top right corner of page.
Categories: Undergrad Scholarships