By CAROLINA VALDIVIA
The Jaime Lucero Mexican Studies Institute offers scholarships to City University of New York (CUNY) undergraduate and graduate students who meet three criteria: academic achievement, financial need, and commitment to service in the Mexican community. This scholarship opportunity covers up to $6330 for one year of undergraduate studies or one semester for graduate studies.
- Academic achievement
- Financial need
Commitment to service in the Mexican community.
- Completed application form
- Most recent transcript, can be an unofficial student copy
- Two short essays of one-page max each
- a personal statement with attention to your community service within the Mexican community
- a financial statement that explains why you would benefit from being awarded CUNY Becas. If applicable, discuss any unusual personal or family circumstances.
- A letter of recommendation and recommendation form
- Full-time enrollment at a CUNY school
- Students can apply for a waiver of the full time enrollment requirement.
- Participation in monthly seminars
- Completion of a 200 hour internship in an affiliated nonprofit institution
- Submission of semester academic progress report
- Continuous involvement with the Institute and Becari@s network in events and activities
The deadline to apply is February 28, 2017
For more information and to apply, please visit their official website: CUNY Becas
Make sure to bookmark and share our more general Post-Election Information page which contains other relevant information and resources.
Be sure to “like” this blog on Facebook and subscribe to get daily updates on new scholarship opportunities, DACA, DAPA, & much more – see top right corner of page (or scroll down if you are visiting from your phone).