The Jaime Lucero Mexican Studies Institute offers scholarships to City University of New York (CUNY) undergraduate and graduate students who meet three criteria: academic achievement, financial need, and commitment to service in the Mexican community. This scholarship opportunity covers up to $6330 for one year of undergraduate studies or one semester for graduate studies.
- Academic achievement
- Financial need
Commitment to service in the Mexican community.
- Completed application form
- Most recent transcript, can be an unofficial student copy
- Two short essays of one-page max each
- a personal statement with attention to your community service within the Mexican community
- a financial statement that explains why you would benefit from being awarded CUNY Becas. If applicable, discuss any unusual personal or family circumstances.
- A letter of recommendation and recommendation form
- Full-time enrollment at a CUNY school
- Students can apply for a waiver of the full time enrollment requirement.
- Participation in monthly seminars
- Completion of a 200 hour internship in an affiliated nonprofit institution
- Submission of semester academic progress report
- Continuous involvement with the Institute and Becari@s network in events and activities
The deadline to apply is February 28, 2017
For more information and to apply, please visit their official website: CUNY Becas
Don’t forget to visit our website http://www.MyUndocumentedLife.org from your computer (not just mobile phone) so you can have access to the wide range of resources we provide. Be sure to subscribe (it’s free) for up-to-date information and resources for undocumented immigrants.
At My Undocumented Life blog we provide up-to-date information and resources to undocumented immigrants. We post scholarship opportunities that are open to undocumented students, strategies for navigating the educational system, information on how to apply for DACA, news on immigration policies, and much more. Most importantly, we want to provide a sense of community to our diverse group of readers.