By DIANA VALDIVIA
MANA de San Diego awards scholarships to Latinas in community college, 4-year university, and graduate school. About $15,000-$30,000 in scholarships are awarded yearly. This scholarship opportunity is open to undocumented students. Recipients are selected based on academic and non-academic criteria of the applicant including the following: leadership, community involvement, educational aspirations, career goals, grade point average, special circumstances, and financial need.
Award recipients may receive up to $500 for community college; $1,500 for four-year university; $2,000 award for graduate studies (including post-doctoral programs)
Here are the eligibility requirements:
- Applicant must be a Latina with a permanent residence in San Diego County.
- Applicant must show proof of enrollment in Fall 2016 at a community college, four year university, or graduate level program (including post-doctoral programs) when submitting application.
- Undergraduate applicants must have a 3.0 grade point average or higher.
- Graduate applicants must have a 3.3 grade point average or higher.
- Applicant must demonstrate financial need.
- Applicant must demonstrate community involvement preferably in their related field.
- Applicant must be available for a panel interview in the Spring 2017*
The deadline to apply is February 24, 2017
For more information, and to apply, please visit their official website: 2017 MANA de San Diego Scholarship
Make sure to bookmark and share our more general Post-Election Information page which contains other relevant information and resources.
Be sure to “like” this blog on Facebook and subscribe to get daily updates on new scholarship opportunities, DACA, DAPA, & much more – see top right corner of page (or scroll down if you are visiting from your phone).