The University of California, Davis is hiring an adviser to the Director of the AB 540 and Undocumented Student Center. The mission of the Center is to “empower students in attaining their educational goals, overcome their legal and financial obstacles and achieve their long-term dreams. The center offers personalized support to undocumented students and the local community by engaging in educational outreach, providing ally training to educators and students in addition to a broad range of workshops, programs and support services.”
- Experience in building capacity and leading undergraduate or high school students in student-centered peer education programs.
- Knowledge and experience working and advocating with immigrant communities in an educational context.
- Knowledge of higher education policies related to undocumented students in California higher education.
- Knowledge and sensitivity of the experiences and challenges undocumented students face.
- Analytical skills to evaluate policies and procedures, interpret terms and conditions of financial aid award documents, identify the impact of new policy implementation and develop guidelines with emphasis on equity and inclusion.
- Skills to develop new operational procedures to facilitate effective use of time, resources and information.
- Skills that demonstrate initiative, priority setting, independent judgment.
- Skills to work independently and as a team member, manage multiple assignments, meet deadlines and maintain a high level of productivity.
- Skills to gather and analyze information, present data, analysis and results to facilitate decision-making and recommend/implement alternate solutions.
Final filling date is August 24, 2017
For more information and to apply, please visit their official website: Job Opportunity at UC Davis
DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS PAGE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!
Don’t miss out on the latest resources available for undocumented students, make sure to “like” our page on Facebook. Please consider donating to our platform so we can provide more information and resources to help undocumented students and their families. Any amount helps!
At My Undocumented Life we provide up-to-date information and resources for undocumented immigrants and allies. We post scholarship opportunities that are open to undocumented students, strategies for navigating the educational system, information on how to apply for DACA/Advance Parole, news on DAPA, and much more. Most importantly, we want to provide a sense of community to our diverse group of readers. Learn more about our work here: “About Us“
Subscribe to My Undocumented Life (it's free!)
Leave a Reply