By CAROLINA VALDIVIA
The University of California, Davis is hiring an adviser to the Director of the AB 540 and Undocumented Student Center. The mission of the Center is to “empower students in attaining their educational goals, overcome their legal and financial obstacles and achieve their long-term dreams. The center offers personalized support to undocumented students and the local community by engaging in educational outreach, providing ally training to educators and students in addition to a broad range of workshops, programs and support services.”
- Experience in building capacity and leading undergraduate or high school students in student-centered peer education programs.
- Knowledge and experience working and advocating with immigrant communities in an educational context.
- Knowledge of higher education policies related to undocumented students in California higher education.
- Knowledge and sensitivity of the experiences and challenges undocumented students face.
- Analytical skills to evaluate policies and procedures, interpret terms and conditions of financial aid award documents, identify the impact of new policy implementation and develop guidelines with emphasis on equity and inclusion.
- Skills to develop new operational procedures to facilitate effective use of time, resources and information.
- Skills that demonstrate initiative, priority setting, independent judgment.
- Skills to work independently and as a team member, manage multiple assignments, meet deadlines and maintain a high level of productivity.
- Skills to gather and analyze information, present data, analysis and results to facilitate decision-making and recommend/implement alternate solutions.
Final filling date is August 24, 2017
For more information and to apply, please visit their official website: Job Opportunity at UC Davis
Make sure to bookmark and share our more general Post-Election Information page which contains other relevant information and resources.
Be sure to “like” this blog on Facebook and subscribe to get daily updates on new scholarship opportunities, DACA, DAPA, & much more – see top right corner of page (or scroll down if you are visiting from your phone).