The University of California, Irvine is hosting a Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF) program, which offers undergraduate and master’s students an opportunity to work closely with faculty members at UCI, obtain research experience, network, and participate in graduate preparation workshops. This program is designed for students who plan to pursue a PhD or MFA degree. Please note that, “qualified students with interest in pursuing their graduate program at UC Irvine are especially encouraged to apply”.
Here are the eligibility requirements:
- ” U.S. citizens, permanent residents, AB 540 eligible;
- Sophomores, juniors, seniors or master’s students interested in pursuing a Ph.D.;
- Students who will be enrolled full-time at a college or university during the Spring and Fall 2018;
- Students with a 3.0 cumulative grade point average or better (on a 4 point scale);
- Students interested in attending UC Irvine for graduate studies;
- Students from educationally disadvantaged or underserved backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply;
- SURF is open to students in virtually all academic fields (e.g., arts, humanities, social sciences, social ecology, biological sciences, engineering, education, computer science and physical sciences)”
If selected to participate, student scholars receive the following:
- “a $4,000 research stipend. (*Note: Stipend is subject to income tax.)
- On-campus assigned housing for the summer
- Roundtrip travel costs to UCI will be covered within program limitations (up to $500.)”
The deadline to apply is February 7, 2018
For more information and to apply, please visit their official website: Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship program at UC Irvine
Don’t forget to visit our website http://www.MyUndocumentedLife.org from your computer (not just mobile phone) so you can have access to the wide range of resources we provide. Be sure to subscribe (it’s free) for up-to-date information and resources for undocumented immigrants.
At My Undocumented Life blog we provide up-to-date information and resources to undocumented immigrants. We post scholarship opportunities that are open to undocumented students, strategies for navigating the educational system, information on how to apply for DACA, news on immigration policies, and much more. Most importantly, we want to provide a sense of community to our diverse group of readers.