The Dreamer Resource Center at Sacramento State plans, develops, implements, and assesses programs and services designed to support undocumented students and students with mixed-status families on campus. The Center is currently looking to hire a Coordinator who will create and implement programs and services related to student learning and development. This is a full-time, temporary, position.
To qualify, candidates must have:
- Higher Education student services experience (e.g., advising, admissions, student programming or development);
- Experience working with students from various ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds, including students who may be considered to be “at risk”
- Ability to independently prioritize, plan and organize work in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to provide direct programs and/or services to a diverse student population;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in a diverse environment;
- Ability to compile, prepare, write and review reports;
- Proficiency using standard office software packages (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite);
- Familiarity working with school-based record/data systems/software (example: PeopleSoft);
- Ability to understand, interpret and apply moderately complex rules, regulations and procedures;
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and coordinate the work of student assistants
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends;
- Ability to have access to a vehicle and travel as needed.
- Possess valid driver’s license and maintenance of good driving record.
Condition of Employment
- Ability to pass a background check”
For more information and to apply, please visit their official website: Sacramento State Dreamer Resource Center Coordinator
The closing date for this position is May 16, 2018
DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS PAGE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!
Don’t miss out on the latest resources available for undocumented students, make sure to “like” our page on Facebook. Please consider donating to our platform so we can provide more information and resources to help undocumented students and their families. Any amount helps!
At My Undocumented Life we provide up-to-date information and resources for undocumented immigrants and allies. We post scholarship opportunities that are open to undocumented students, strategies for navigating the educational system, information on how to apply for DACA/Advance Parole, news on DAPA, and much more. Most importantly, we want to provide a sense of community to our diverse group of readers. Learn more about our work here: “About Us“
Subscribe to My Undocumented Life (it's free!)
Leave a Reply