The Cesar Chavez Foundation is providing $300,000 in scholarship awards to Latino students who live in Arizona and California. Note: As indicated on their website, this $5,000 scholarship opportunity is open to Latino students “regardless of national origin or immigration status”. Scholarship recipients will be chosen based on their academic excellence, leadership in extracurricular activities, commitment to volunteer service in the community and financial need.
Here are the eligibility requirements:
- Applicant must be an incoming or continuing full-time undergraduate student at any education institution for the 2018-2019 Academic Year.
- Applicant must be of Latino descent.
- Applicant must have a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Applicant must be attending a college in Arizona or California. The scholarship is available in Arizona and California.
- Scholarship is available to U.S. Citizen, Permanent Legal Resident, Undocumented Resident, DACA or Eligible Non-Citizen (as defined by FAFSA).
For more information and to apply, please visit their official website: Cesar Chavez Foundation
The EXTENDED deadline to apply is June 8, 2018
DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS PAGE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!
Don’t miss out on the latest resources available for undocumented students, make sure to “like” our page on Facebook. Please consider donating to our platform so we can provide more information and resources to help undocumented students and their families. Any amount helps!
At My Undocumented Life we provide up-to-date information and resources for undocumented immigrants and allies. We post scholarship opportunities that are open to undocumented students, strategies for navigating the educational system, information on how to apply for DACA/Advance Parole, news on DAPA, and much more. Most importantly, we want to provide a sense of community to our diverse group of readers. Learn more about our work here: “About Us“