The DREAM Center at UC Irvine is hiring an Assistant Director to directly support undocumented undergraduate and graduate students.
Here are the required qualifications for this job:
- “Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education; experience with 3-5 years of demonstrated, progressive, and substantial student affairs professional experience and/or direct community involvement with undocumented and immigrant groups.
- Demonstrated multicultural competencies in working with diverse student populations, particularly in relation to the undocumented and immigrant experience.
- Demonstrated experience identifying and addressing the needs, experiences, and concerns of undocumented students in higher education.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the services and resources available to undocumented students, and demonstrated experience developing partnerships and cultivating collaborative working relationships with internal and external constituencies including local, state, and national organizations focused on serving undocumented and immigrant groups.
- Demonstrated skill reading, analyzing, and explaining complex and detailed documents related to undocumented students, including federal and state laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with individuals with a wide variety of backgrounds and life experiences including race/ethnicity, sexuality, culture, language, socioeconomic status, religion, ability, gender, and other social identities.
- Demonstrated experience in counseling and crisis intervention particularly with undocumented and immigrant student populations. Demonstrated ability to successfully address and mediate conflicts in a tactful and neutral way.
- Demonstrated knowledge of college student development and pedagogical theories related to undocumented students. Ability to effectively conceptualize, coordinate, and assess learning opportunities that are consistent with students’ stages of development.
- Demonstrated experience researching, reviewing and critically analyzing publications and literature regarding best practices in higher education focusing on supporting student development, leadership,
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities. Ability to plan, implement, and assess programming and events.”
To apply please visit their official website: DREAM Center Assistant Director
DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS PAGE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!
Don’t miss out on the latest resources available for undocumented students, make sure to “like” our page on Facebook. Please consider donating to our platform so we can provide more information and resources to help undocumented students and their families. Any amount helps!
At My Undocumented Life we provide up-to-date information and resources for undocumented immigrants and allies. We post scholarship opportunities that are open to undocumented students, strategies for navigating the educational system, information on how to apply for DACA/Advance Parole, news on DAPA, and much more. Most importantly, we want to provide a sense of community to our diverse group of readers. Learn more about our work here: “About Us“
Subscribe to My Undocumented Life (it's free!)