The AB540 Student Resource Center at UC Davis is hiring an Assistant Director to work directly with undocumented students. The assistant director will be in charge of providing academic, personal and financial advise to undocumented students. The salary ranges from $20.64 to $42.29/hour.
Preferred qualifications for this job include:
- “Familiarity with immigration laws directly impacting students at UC Davis.
- Oral presentation skills to serve as speaker at workshops, in addition to providing small group and one-on-one advising.
- Writing, editing and proofreading skills to quickly and accurately produce effective recruiting emails, letters, email correspondence, web content, etc.
- Skills and experience in interpreting and applying complex University rules, regulations and policies.
- Analytical skills to prepare statistical reports and analyze a variety of data.
- Skills to analyze procedures and make improvements for continuous operational performance improvements.
- Interpersonal skills, cultural competency and political acumen to interact with individuals of varying ages, immigration statuses, cultural backgrounds, sexualities, abilities, genders, religions, spiritualties, class and perspectives, as well as to interact with campus administration officials, faculty and staff.
- Problem solving skills to develop solutions to challenges that present themselves.
- Organizational skills to achieve timely progress on multiple and simultaneous projects.
- Experience working for, interacting with, or learning from the undocumented immigrant community.”
For more information and to apply, please visit their official website: Assistant Director at UC Davis’ AB540 Student Resource Center
DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS PAGE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!
Don’t miss out on the latest resources available for undocumented students, make sure to “like” our page on Facebook. Please consider donating to our platform so we can provide more information and resources to help undocumented students and their families. Any amount helps!
At My Undocumented Life we provide up-to-date information and resources for undocumented immigrants and allies. We post scholarship opportunities that are open to undocumented students, strategies for navigating the educational system, information on how to apply for DACA/Advance Parole, news on DAPA, and much more. Most importantly, we want to provide a sense of community to our diverse group of readers. Learn more about our work here: “About Us“
Subscribe to My Undocumented Life (it's free!)