Here are some announcements, resources, scholarships, and immigration-related news featured this month at My Undocumented Life blog!
– We launched the My Undocumented Life blog fundraiser! Our blog is completely volunteer-run, your donations will help us start new series, including a series of posts written by undocumented parents about how to navigate and support their children’s college application process. Any donation amount helps!
– If you work with undocumented students as an educator, counselor, school administrator, or organizer, you can now download a My Undocumented Life blog flyer to share with your students (it’s free)! We highly encourage you to have copies of our flyer available at your office and events.
– In partnership with UndocuScholars, we launched the UndocuGrads series, which highlights the experiences and advice of current/former undocumented graduate students. Check out the following posts:
- Navigating Research with Undocumented Immigrants as an Undocumented Immigrant by Dani
- Taking Steps to Crack Open the Door to Graduate School: Insights from an UnDACAmented Graduate Scholar by Jose
- From the Tomato Fields to Grad Nursing School by Martin
- Making Your Way into a Graduate Program by Frida
- Your existence is worth more than a piece of paper by Pratishtha
- On Applying to Graduate School while Undocumented: A Half-Essay, Half-Advice List by Ramon
- The Reflections of an Unconquered Voice: A Dreamer’s Voyage by Emelin
[Deadline: 12/13/18] Ford Foundation Pre-Doctoral Program: Open to undocumented graduate students with DACA
– This month’s featured immigration news headlines include: “Motel 6 Agrees to Pay Millions After Giving Guest Lists to Immigration Authorities”; “U.S. appeals court rules against Trump over DACA cancellation”; “Immigration activists file lawsuit saying they were targeted by US government”
DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS PAGE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!
Don’t miss out on the latest resources available for undocumented students, make sure to “like” our page on Facebook. Please consider donating to our platform so we can provide more information and resources to help undocumented students and their families. Any amount helps!
At My Undocumented Life we provide up-to-date information and resources for undocumented immigrants and allies. We post scholarship opportunities that are open to undocumented students, strategies for navigating the educational system, information on how to apply for DACA/Advance Parole, news on DAPA, and much more. Most importantly, we want to provide a sense of community to our diverse group of readers. Learn more about our work here: “About Us“
Subscribe to My Undocumented Life (it's free!)