The Ford Foundation is now accepting applications for its pre-doctoral fellowship program, which provides awardees with an annual stipend of $27,000 for three years beginning during the fall of 2021. In addition to financial support, this fellowship opportunity provides awardees with a wide range of resources, a support network, and presentation opportunities at its annual gathering. Note: This fellowship is open to “individuals with current status under the DACA Program, as well as individuals whose status may have lapsed but who continue to meet all the USCIS guidelines for DACA.”
Here are the eligibility requirements:
- “All U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and U.S. permanent residents (holders of a Permanent Resident Card); individuals granted deferred action status under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Program;1 Indigenous individuals exercising rights associated with the Jay Treaty of 1794; political asylees; and refugees, regardless of race, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, or sexual orientation;
- Individuals with evidence of superior academic achievement (such as grade point average, class rank, honors, or other designations);
- Individuals committed to a career in teaching and research at the college or university level in the U.S.;
- Individuals enrolled in or planning to enroll in an eligible research-based (dissertation-required) program leading to a Ph.D. or Sc.D. degree at a non-proprietary (not for profit) U.S. institution of higher education no later than Fall 2021;
- Individuals who as of the 2021 fall semester require a minimum of three years of study2 to complete their Ph.D. or Sc.D. degree; and
- Individuals who have not earned a doctoral degree at any time, in any field.”
The deadline to apply is December 17, 2020 at 5pm EST.
For more information and to apply, please visit their official website: 2021 Ford Foundation Pre-Doctoral Fellowship
Please note that this opportunity was first posted by the Ford Foundation. The link to the fellowship opportunity may not work after the deadline has passed.
DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS PAGE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!
As a volunteer-run organization, we count on the support of our loyal readers to help us expand our work and reach. We hope that you will consider making a donation to our platform so we can provide more information and resources to help undocumented students and their families across the country.
At My Undocumented Life we provide up-to-date information and resources for undocumented immigrants and allies. We post scholarship opportunities that are open to undocumented students, strategies for navigating the educational system, information on how to apply for DACA/Advance Parole, news on DAPA, and much more. Most importantly, we want to provide a sense of community to our diverse group of readers. Learn more about our work here: “About Us“
Subscribe to My Undocumented Life (it's free!)
Categories: Grad School Funding