The California-Mexico Studies Center, Inc. (CMSC) is accepting applications for their Summer 2021 California-Mexico Dreamers Study Abroad Program. The program allows eligible DACA beneficiaries who obtain Advance Parole from USCIS to travel abroad as part of one of three 4-week sessions from July 15 to August 22, 2021.
The program notes that: “During each 4-week travel-study experience, the participating Dreamers will be immersed into a comprehensive language and cultural educational program organized by the CMSC in collaboration with Colegio de la Frontera Norte (COLEF) and hosted by the Centro Internacional de Lenguas, Arte y Cultura Paulo Freire (CILAC Freire), our 20-year partner institution in Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mexico. This month-long educational program will consist of historical, cultural, linguistic, and academic lectures (cátedras) on social movements, the Mexican educational, economic and political systems, various museum and archeological visits, with a leadership development focus.”
Here are the eligibility requirements for this program:
- “Be 21 years-old or older at the time of travel, and speak fluent Spanish.
- Have an active DACA status with an expiration date after Sept. 30, 2021.
- Have a valid passport from the respective country of origin.
- If the applicant is Mexican-born, they must commit to apply to, and attain the Instituto Nacional Electoral’s (INE) Credencial para Votar en el Extranjero before traveling to Mexico.
- Must have no criminal or immigration record.
- Must participate in ALL PROGRAM activities.
- Must test for COVID-19, 3 days prior to departure to Mexico and 3 days before arriving in Mexico City for the academic program and returning to the U.S. Participants must pay for all their COVID-19 testing and for vaccination, if available.
- Must be able to pay the $3,000 program fees and the USCIS $575 Advance Parole permit travel fee.”
The deadline to apply is February 14, 2021
If you have any questions and/or are interested in applying to this program, please contact the organizers directly at email@example.com
You can also learn more about the program, including application requirements and important dates, directly on their website: Summer 2021 California-Mexico Dreamers Study Abroad Program
Please note that this opportunity was first posted by the California-Mexico Studies Center (CMSC). The link to this opportunity may not work after the deadline has passed.
DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS PAGE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!
Don’t miss out on the latest resources available for undocumented students, make sure to “like” our page on Facebook. Please consider donating to our platform so we can provide more information and resources to help undocumented students and their families. Any amount helps!
At My Undocumented Life we provide up-to-date information and resources for undocumented immigrants and allies. We post scholarship opportunities that are open to undocumented students, strategies for navigating the educational system, information on how to apply for DACA/Advance Parole, news on DAPA, and much more. Most importantly, we want to provide a sense of community to our diverse group of readers. Learn more about our work here: “About Us“
Subscribe to My Undocumented Life (it's free!)
Categories: Advance Parole