The CMSC’s Summer 2022 California-Mexico Dreamers’ Study Abroad Program will offer five 4-week sessions from June 5 to August 21, 2022, with each cohort composed of 30 DACA recipients, who have secured USCIS Advance Parole travel authorization for educational purposes through their program. Selected participants will have an opportunity to attend various lectures and participate in seminars. Program participants will also have a unique opportunity to conduct independent travel and ethnographic research on their family origins, which will allow them to visit their birthplace for 2-3 weeks.
Here are the eligibility requirements:
- “Be 21 years old or older at the time of travel.
- Speak fluent Spanish.
- Have an active DACA status with an expiration date after September 30, 2022.
- Have a valid passport from the respective country of origin.
- If the applicant is Mexican-born, they must commit to applying and attaining the Instituto Nacional Electoral’s (INE) Credencial para Votar en el Extranjero before traveling to Mexico. Click here to follow the instructions to apply for an INE Card.
- Must have no criminal or immigration record.
- Must participate in ALL PROGRAM activities.
- Must present proof of COVID-19 vaccination records (Note: it is a felony to falsify COVID tests and COVID vaccine cards)
- Must test negative for COVID-19:
- 3 days prior to departure to Mexico (participant pays for the test.)
- 3 days prior to arriving at Hacienda Cocoyoc for the academic program (participant pays for the test.)
- 3 days prior to returning to the U.S. (the CMSC will provide the last test in order for all participants to return as a group.)
- Must pay the $5,000 program fees and the USCIS $575 Advance Parole permit travel fee.”
The deadline to apply is October 8, 2021.
For more information and to apply, please visit their official website: CMSC 2022 Summer Travel Program
Please note that this opportunity was first posted by CMSC. The link may not work after the program deadline has passed.
DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS PAGE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!
Don’t miss out on the latest resources available for undocumented students, make sure to “like” our page on Facebook. Please consider donating to our platform so we can provide more information and resources to help undocumented students and their families. Any amount helps!
At My Undocumented Life we provide up-to-date information and resources for undocumented immigrants and allies. We post scholarship opportunities that are open to undocumented students, strategies for navigating the educational system, information on how to apply for DACA/Advance Parole, news on DAPA, and much more. Most importantly, we want to provide a sense of community to our diverse group of readers. Learn more about our work here: “About Us“
Subscribe to My Undocumented Life (it's free!)
Categories: Advance Parole
Leave a Reply