Do you have questions about the Fifth Circuit ruling on the legality of DACA? And/or wondering what you can do to advocate for DACA?
“You are invited to a virtual one-hour, Rapid Response Briefing on the Fifth Circuit Ruling on the Legality of DACA, co-hosted by the Presidents’ Alliance, TheDream.US, Fwd.US, and the Center for Immigration Law and Policy at UCLA, on Monday, October 10, 2022 at 12 p.m. ET/9 a.m. PT.”
“Speakers will address the current legal context and implications of the recent ruling from the Fifth Circuit, what it means for current and prospective DACA recipients, and how higher ed can support their undocumented campus members. The event will also include discussion of the prospects for legislative action regarding undocumented students and other Dreamers and the urgency for advocacy by higher education leaders and communities. Resources will be provided.”
Speakers will include:
- Chancellor Félix V. Matos Rodriguez, City University of New York (CUNY) and member of the Presidents’ Alliance on Higher Education and Immigration
- Hiroshi Motomura, Susan Westerberg Prager Distinguished Professor of Law at UCLA and Faculty Co-Director of the Center for Immigration Law and Policy at the UCLA School of Law
- Shoba Sivaprasad Wadhia, Samuel Weiss Faculty Scholar, Clinical Professor of Law; Director, Center for Immigrants’ Rights Clinic, Penn State University
- Felecia Russell, Associate Director, Undergraduate Admission, Cal Lutheran University
- Gaby Pacheco, Director of Advocacy, Policy, and Development at TheDream.US
- Diego Sánchez, Director of Policy and Strategy, Presidents’ Alliance on Higher Education and Immigration
- Miriam Feldblum, Executive Director, Presidents’ Alliance on Higher Education and Immigration (Moderator)
To learn more about this event and register, please visit their official link.
DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS PAGE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!
Don’t miss out on the latest resources available for undocumented students, make sure to “like” our page on Facebook. Please consider donating to our platform so we can provide more information and resources to help undocumented students and their families. Any amount helps!
At My Undocumented Life we provide up-to-date information and resources for undocumented immigrants and allies. We post scholarship opportunities that are open to undocumented students, strategies for navigating the educational system, information on how to apply for DACA/Advance Parole, news on DAPA, and much more. Most importantly, we want to provide a sense of community to our diverse group of readers. Learn more about our work here: “About Us“
Leave a Reply