NYSYLC (New York State Youth Leadership Council), an undocumented youth-led organization in New York City, is hiring a part-time Undocu Academy Coordinator to coordinate the college readiness program for undocumented high school students in New York. The position is expected to start in October 2023.
As a part time position, the annual salary for this position is $26,000
To apply, email your resume, cover letter, and one of your favorite YLC memes and why to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “UA Coordinator” in the subject line.
Responsibilities as Undocu Academy Coordinator include:
- “Managing the long-term goals and timeline setting of the Academy
- Coordinating administrative and logistical needs for the Academy (like space, meals, and scholarships)
- Co-develop the Undocu Academy curriculum
- Serving as the liaison between the Academy and NYSYLC staff.
- Accessing the needs of students and eagerness to support them
- Must be available for in-person academy sessions Mondays and Fridays 4:30 PM – 7:30 PM
- Report to the Co-Executive Directors”
Qualifications for this position include:
- “Must have excellent communication skills
- Must have a sense of dark humor
- Must know how to work in a team
- Have excellent time management skills
- Have experience working on curriculum for undocumented/immigrant population
- Must understand the undocumented New York college experience, preferred if you have navigated the system yourself”
The deadline to apply is September 1, 2023
Please note that this job opportunity was first posted by NYSYLC. The link to this opportunity may not work after the deadline has passed.
Please see this webpage for more information and to apply.
DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS PAGE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!
Don’t miss out on the latest resources available for undocumented students, make sure to “like” our page on Facebook. Please consider donating to our platform so we can provide more information and resources to help undocumented students and their families. Any amount helps!
At My Undocumented Life we provide up-to-date information and resources for undocumented immigrants and allies. We post scholarship opportunities that are open to undocumented students, strategies for navigating the educational system, information on how to apply for DACA/Advance Parole, news on DAPA, and much more. Most importantly, we want to provide a sense of community to our diverse group of readers. Learn more about our work here: “About Us“