By CAROLINA VALDIVIA
The Leadership 1000 Scholarship is a scholarship program funded by individuals, foundations, or businesses to provide college scholarships to students who need assistance attending an eligible four-year college or university. Scholarships awards range from $2,500 to $5,000.
To be considered for the Leadership 1000 Scholarship, students must:
- Plan to attend, or currently be attending, an eligible four-year college or university in Washington state. (Students attending a community or technical college will be considered if they are transferring to an eligible four-year college/university for the fall of 2015, or if they are planning to complete a bachelor’s degree program offered at the community college.)
- Be a Washington state resident, (meeting in-state tuition requirements or eligibility for Washington state financial aid programs, as defined in RCW 28B.15.012).
- Plan to enroll as a college freshman, sophomore or junior in fall 2016.
- Plan to file or have already filed a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), if eligible. Students unable to file a FAFSA due to immigration status must complete the free Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA).
- Have a family income for 2015 that does not exceed the amount listed by family size in this chart.
- Maintain a minimum 2.75 cumulative high school GPA through fall quarter/semester, if applying as a high school senior.
- Maintain a minimum 2.75 cumulative college GPA through fall quarter/semester, if applying as a college student.
- Plan to enroll or actually be enrolled full-time as a college student, 12 credits per quarter or equivalent for semester.
The deadline to apply is on February 24, 2016
For more information, and to apply, please visit their official website: “Leadership 1000 Scholarship”
Be sure to subscribe to this blog to get daily updates on new scholarship opportunities, DACA, DAPA, & much more. To subscribe, click on the subscription box located at the top right corner of this page! Also, please support this blog by ‘liking it’ on facebook – see top right corner of page. Thank you!
Categories: Undergrad Scholarships