The Leadership 1000 Scholarship is a scholarship program funded by individuals, foundations, or businesses to provide college scholarships to students who need assistance attending an eligible four-year college or university. Scholarships awards range from $2,500 to $5,000.
To be considered for the Leadership 1000 Scholarship, students must:
- Plan to attend, or currently be attending, an eligible four-year college or university in Washington state. (Students attending a community or technical college will be considered if they are transferring to an eligible four-year college/university for the fall of 2015, or if they are planning to complete a bachelor’s degree program offered at the community college.)
- Be a Washington state resident, (meeting in-state tuition requirements or eligibility for Washington state financial aid programs, as defined in RCW 28B.15.012).
- Plan to enroll as a college freshman, sophomore or junior in fall 2016.
- Plan to file or have already filed a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), if eligible. Students unable to file a FAFSA due to immigration status must complete the free Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA).
- Have a family income for 2015 that does not exceed the amount listed by family size in this chart.
- Maintain a minimum 2.75 cumulative high school GPA through fall quarter/semester, if applying as a high school senior.
- Maintain a minimum 2.75 cumulative college GPA through fall quarter/semester, if applying as a college student.
- Plan to enroll or actually be enrolled full-time as a college student, 12 credits per quarter or equivalent for semester.
The deadline to apply is on February 24, 2016
For more information, and to apply, please visit their official website: “Leadership 1000 Scholarship”
Don’t forget to visit our website http://www.MyUndocumentedLife.org from your computer (not just mobile phone) so you can have access to the wide range of resources we provide. Be sure to subscribe (it’s free) for up-to-date information and resources for undocumented immigrants.
At My Undocumented Life blog we provide up-to-date information and resources to undocumented immigrants. We post scholarship opportunities that are open to undocumented students, strategies for navigating the educational system, information on how to apply for DACA, news on immigration policies, and much more. Most importantly, we want to provide a sense of community to our diverse group of readers.
Categories: College Scholarships