By CAROLINA VALDIVIA
The Cesar E. Chavez Leadership Conference is awarding scholarships of $1,000 each to graduating high school seniors who will be pursuing a college education in the Fall of 2016. This scholarship opportunity is open to students who attend one of the participating school districts in Oregon.
Here are the eligibility requirements:
- Applicant must be of Latino ancestry OR from a seasonal farmworker family
- 2016 Graduating High School Senior
- Must be from a school that participates in the annual Cesar E. Chavez Leadership Conference
- Applicant must plan to enroll as a student at a two or four year public or private institution in the United States in the Fall 2016
To be considered for this scholarship opportunity, you must submit the following:
- Complete application. Typed application is highly encouraged. If not typed, please write legibly.
- Answers to 4 essay questions (250 words). You can write your answers on a separate paper and attach them with the rest of the requirements. Make sure to indicate your essay word count at the end of each essay.
- Prepare and attach a one page resume.
- Attach an official or unofficial high school transcript.
- Attach two recent letters of recommendation addressed to the CECLC committee. One letter needs to be from a school staff member.
The deadline to apply is January 29, 2016 by 5:00pm
For more information, and to apply, please visit their official website: “Cesar E. Chavez Leadership Conference College Scholarships”
Be sure to “like” this blog on Facebook to get daily updates on new scholarship opportunities, DACA, DAPA, & much more – see top right corner of page.
Categories: Undergrad Scholarships