By CAROLINA VALDIVIA
HACEMOS is AT&T’s Hispanic/Latino employee resource group. They have established a scholarship program to assist children of Hispanic origin and children of active HACEMOS members who plan to continue their education in college. Scholarships are offered each year for full-time study at an accredited institution of the student’s choice. If selected as a recipient, students attending a two-year institution will receive a $1,500 award and students attending a four-year institution will receive a $2,500.
Applicants to the HACEMOS Scholarship Program must:
- Reside in an area with an active HACEMOS chapter. (Click here for list of chapters).
- Be of Hispanic heritage OR be a dependent* child of an active HACEMOS member, age 25 and under, as of the application deadline.
*Dependent children are defined as biological, step- or legally adopted children living in the member’s household or primarily supported by the member.
- High school seniors, or graduates who plan to enroll or students who are already enrolled in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two-year or four-year college or university in the United States, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam or any other U.S. territory for the entire 2015-16 academic year.
- Enroll in at least 12 credit hours per semester in coursework leading to a degree.
- Have a cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent).
For more information, and to apply, please visit their official website: “2016 HACEMOS Scholarship”
The deadline to apply is February 20, 2016
Be sure to “like” this blog on Facebook to get daily updates on new scholarship opportunities, DACA, DAPA, & much more – see top right corner of page.
Categories: Undergrad Scholarships